Monday, January 17, 2011

Armageddon Post #1: Jay Cutler


This is the first of 100 Ad Words posts about Armageddon, the Game of the Century, the War to End All Wars: this weekend's Bears/Packers game at historic Soldier Field for the right to go to the Super Bowl.

I know this has nothing to do with marketing. But what the hell.

Okay, so I've always thought Jay Cutler has a punch-me face. But the more I read about him (his diabetes work, his work with sick kids, helping Aaron Rodgers' nephew get assimilated at Vanderbilt University) the more he seems like he might actually be a good guy who just doesn't care about his public image. Crazy, right?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I just wish he didn't trot around Chicago with a reality show girlfriend and wearing a skull cap. Superficial of me, I know.

Mat Burnett said...

Yes. I've often referred to him as having a "douche-face" which I think is a close cousin of "punch me" face. Success has begun to alter my opinion.

George Hallas said...

I think Jay Cutler was responsible for the Tuscon shootings. It was just a matter of time. The Bears are so violent on the field. It was bound to translate into senseless violence. Congress needs to stop the hitting and fighting in Professional Football. Before it happens again.

Paul Krugman said...

"Punch me face"?? Gary - you have to stop promoting violence. You will be sorry when someone beats up Jay Cutler because of your vitriolic rhetoric.