I spent this week editing in LA. Less and less production is done there, so I haven’t been in a while. Some observations:
1) Every post-production facility has cement floors.
2) Every parking lot in every post-production facility is half-Priuses, half-luxo European rides.
3) The most common word in Los Angeles is ‘amazing.’
4) Everyone ends sentences with ‘right?’ As in, ‘Inglourious Basterds was amazing, right?’
5) You can get a table in a restaurant. You can get a suite in a hotel. The recession is deep.
6) The plane smelled like smoke when it landed. The fires.
7) Vin Scully is as sharp as ever.
8) I could live in LA, right?