I spent this week editing in LA. Less and less production is done there, so I haven’t been in a while. Some observations:
1) Every post-production facility has cement floors.
2) Every parking lot in every post-production facility is half-Priuses, half-luxo European rides.
3) The most common word in Los Angeles is ‘amazing.’
4) Everyone ends sentences with ‘right?’ As in, ‘Inglourious Basterds was amazing, right?’
5) You can get a table in a restaurant. You can get a suite in a hotel. The recession is deep.
6) The plane smelled like smoke when it landed. The fires.
7) Vin Scully is as sharp as ever.
8) I could live in LA, right?
New York, LA... where haven't you been this summer?
All too many places unfortunately...and I have the boarding passes to prove it.
I'm on my way to O'Hare right now, coming from an edit, staying there because I have a 6 am flight to New York tomorrow for the Porsche doc.
But no heavy lifting. I got that going for me.
*You always leave having eaten far healthier than you did when you arrived. And swearing you will eat better once you get home. And then you don't.
Other truths #2:
Once you get two blocks off Sunset or three blocks off the ocean, you realize Entourage severely over-represents the percentage of very pretty people in LA.
And Pink's is overrated, Anonymous.
Post a Comment